Thursday, May 16, 2013

My Day.

Since I'm directly involved with today, I'm not letting go of the chance to enlighten you about my experiences. Look closely at the choice of word, 'enlighten' babeh! So before I even start, allow me to wish all the exhausted-yet-surviving-teachers in Malaysia, Happy Teacher's Day. I know the pain, I feel you folks. Though I'm more like a half-baked, half-seasoned educator, I desire to take you into my little world called the ' Teaching Tragedy'. You know exactly why I called it a tragedy, just in case you deny it, add liar to your CV please.

Moving on to the tragedy, it started like 1.5 half years ago when I first stepped into a school as a pre-service teacher for my school-based experience. It was tragic thereafter, sad I know. But that part is only when I come across a task called keeping -the-'things'-glued. Give me nails, get me a hammer, also a long long rope, yet I will be waving the white flag. Surrender people! It's an impossible task, so far to keep the kids focused. Maybe someday experience might fly by with its' magic wand sprinkling some mercy, or aunt agony from up above might decide to throw down a letter that could solve it all, I don't know. For now, I'm more like a deer in the headlights who goes speechlessly impressed by how ignorant kids of these times could be. God, I was such a darling when I was about your age! I would go back and kiss myself for that.

Can't complain, being a teacher has so much more to it. I mean like good things, goodie-good things. Scold them, scold the kids, lecture them for half an hour on a word they don't understand, tell them to  behave, pinch them, leave the class when they get stubborn, everything ends the next hour. For them nothing happened the next time you meet them. Kids they are. They don't hold grudges. All they do is love you, adore you, look up to you, miss you when they don't see you. I enjoyed the pleasure, the subtle happiness while I was trying to understand them. I fell in love with my job. Even though sometimes I was seeing myself in a huge mess, these kids had me going. I was secretly smiling in my heart because I can see how hard they are trying to impress me.

A teacher knows.

Well I can get a little too sweet to the extent of you readers wanting to bite me, that's inevitable, but hey, tragedy is still a tragedy. The amount of stress I had been through in planning lessons and managing the classroom, only God knows. I'm not saying it's a hard-hardcore-job, merely standing by the positive side of this beautiful profession. Not everyone can be a teacher. Maybe Teach For Malaysia (TFM) proves otherwise, however, a teacher-student interaction and a teacher-student-cameras-a whole committee of people-withearlywarningsbytheschooladmin-interaction is a whole different scenario. I challenge you the real classroom, I bet you will fidget the night before itself.

Anyway that's not to offend anyone personally. TFM is great , only as an effort to achieve a purpose not a daily classroom routine every teacher could be in. It's totally different.

I guess that's all for now. Happy Teacher's Day! You may not have a classroom to inspire souls, but if you think you have once made a difference in someone else's life along the way, celebrate this day. As I said, not everyone is born to be teacher, only some could inspire, teach and make a difference, the rest only corrupt minds.

To wrap, with so much pride, since only 5 people wished me so far, and I'm finding the majority to whom I have showered my profound knowledge and wise ideas to , missing in the picture,  hence, I would like to take this chance to wish myself, Renuka, a Happy Teacher's day! You're the best!

Ok crowd thanks for applauding and please, tears don't look good on you! Haizz so much love, too little time.

Renuka G ( History shall remember this teacher)




0 comments: