Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Snap Judgement vs Analysis

Life taught me to not draw conclusions too soon, to not jump into decisions without further analyzing the obvious. But I once read in a book, a month of rational analysis can at times be equivalent to a snap judgement made in the blink of an eye.

I've found truth in both. You can  either trust your instincts and get over an dilemma real soon or you can go days or maybe years lending too much attention to a small prick. It's circumstances-bound, it's totally up to you at some instances as well.

So why am I talking about this now?

God knows.

No. 

Just making a point that, there's always a few ways of dealing with issues but often it leads to the same end somehow ( i mean the options). Ok let's say I want this Mulberry bag so damn much. I can either take days listing out the pros and cons or I can, by all means entertain my temptations and get one that moment itself. If I were to do the list, the answer would somehow be a 'yes' or a 'no' certainly, the downside though is I'd have wasted time if the decision is a green flag. On the other hand, going with my desires won't consume time yet might cost me regrets which is equally bad as losing time. So basically, we can't run away from pros and cons. Even worse, we can't guarantee  'perfect' decisions by over-analysing nor snap judgements for we wouldn't know till the consequences start to flash the results. There's no way of picking techniques and methods in life. Sometimes we just go with it, or sometimes we stop and think. Either way, you face it!

Why fear deciding then? =)

Good Day 

Renuka G


0 comments: